Friday, August 13, 2010

New Project



I've been so busy with my latest project that I haven't been posting. Not that I was posting much even before that... but I love to be busy and there it is. However I would like to share this home with you and the owners, L and B, have graciously agreed to let me document this gut renovation.

I feel very fortunate that my own architect, Jeff Yates, recommended me for this project. He is the rare architect (and I come from a family of them so I know...) who is completely devoid of a strong ego. He is not only a wonderful designer, with a lovely, flowing sense of space, but he's open to ideas. Anyway, he saw my passion for this work on my own house, my experience from Pottery Barn... and voila! A new chapter in my design career.

This house is a total gut renovation. It's a charming, cottage-y Dutch Colonial with a gambrel roof that was built in the 1920s here in Concord, Massachusetts. Unfortunately, previous owners had a few too many wine coolers in the 80s and built this entryway and family room on the back.



Need I say more?

Stay tuned for gorgeous inspiration photos... even though the house isn't huge we're touching almost every room. Five bathrooms, kitchen, entryways, dining room... it's going to be amazing! We're almost done with demo and framing, so we're kicking into high gear.

And stay tuned for an update to my website... a new career is an excuse for a new look!

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

it isn't huge? 5 bathrooms seems like a big house to me. it looks to have lovely bones. i can't wait to see what you do with it. curious, what did you used to do at pottery barn? i always thought it'd be so awesome to work there

for the love of a house said...

Isabella-
Congratulations on this new project! Can't wait to follow along! Was just through Concord two days ago.... love your town!

best,
joan

Milk and Honey Group said...

No, it's not really huge. It's very cottage-y so the ceilings aren't really high and the rooms are modestly sized. You'll see. But the number of bathrooms is a bit overwhelming.

I was in Visual Merchandising at Pottery Barn Kids... We were in charge of all the retail stores. But my group also did photoshoots, graphic design, etc. - every bit of paper you might pick up in the stores we touched! I loved my "big boss" who is now the President of Pottery Barn - Sandra Stangl. She had a great eye and we worked together so well.

Joan, I have a new source that you're going to die for (you might already know about it though). Email me offline...

惠奇 said...

看到大家都留言-我也忍不住說聲---加油..................................................

偉冠儒冠儒倫 said...

從人生中拿走友誼,猶如從生活中移走陽光......................................................................

said...

你不能決定生命的長度,但你可以控制它的寬度..................................................................

王怡迪 said...

文章寫的不錯~推一把( ̄ー ̄〃)......................................................

La Maison Fou said...

Looks like a fun thing, starting from scratch is great. A clean slate too.
Love that,
Have fun!
L.

Zane Wooder said...

I know that re fixing houses is a lot of work but it most be very gratifying.

zane