Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Porcelain Farmstand



I love ironstone - practical, durable and yet beautiful in its simplicity. Originally designed by the British for rural America its starkness is extremely modern and nostalgic at the same time.

Recently I have noticed a trend that is a new twist on that combination. White porcelain farmstand accessories are everywhere, and I for one just love them.

Roost
has lovely farmer's market baskets in 3 different sizes - strawberry, raspberry and plum - available at Velocity Art & Design.



There are two artists on my beloved Etsy who are creating porcelain mason jar and milk bottle pieces.



Alyssa Etinger's
refined pieces define high/low. I of course love the milk bottle that says Concord Dairy. She also has a new French mason jar - a larger size than her milk bottles and perfect as a vase for summer wildflowers.



Pigeon Toe Ceramics also showcases porcelain mason jars, and they're gorgeous lit as votives (as above).



What do you think of this trend? I'd love some of these for a birthday present... hint hint!

2 comments:

for the love of a house said...

I, too, adore and collect white ironstone, so I love these!!
I especially love the farmstand baskets!! Thanks for sharing, as I haven't seen these before. I think Roost has the best products!
Hope your summer is going well!
joan

Zane Wooder said...

I love the designs on those jars. Amazing work.

zane