Sunday, March 29, 2009

P.S. I am distracted




Just a quick P.S. post... I am fairly preoccupied these days with my garden and the impending arrival of my chicks. I am not sure when I became chicken-obsessed, but I think it was when I used this Victoria Pearson photo while working on the Sunset magazine redesign...

We have been in coop building mode, which involves rebuilding our original 1920s shed, and then building a new structure off of that. Of course we needed to bobcat the property and remove all the crap. One can of worms opens another.

I am very grateful to Terry Golson, a neighbor and chicken aficionado, who inspired me with her Farmstead Egg Cookbook.



In case you want to know more about my chicken adventures, please check out the Monument Street Coop!

4 comments:

Ivy Lane said...

Good luck with the chicks!!! You must post the arrival! Just in time for Easter..how cute! I hear ya on being distracted... had MAJOR blogger's block... trying to get back on track now..

Concord Carpenter said...

The chicks are adorable - eggs soon I bet?

Concord Carpenter said...

I am happy to nominate you for the lemonade stand award. See post:

http://aconcordcarpentercomments.blogspot.com/2009/05/lemonade-stand-award.html

Joycee said...

I am so jealous! We used to have a little flock of hens, many houses ago. Now it's taboo where we live even tho it's country. I will come here and live vicariously through you...
joy c. at grannymountain