Sunday, March 29, 2009

I love House Beautiful



Now that Domino has been retired (still so sad), I eagerly await my only non-Martha Stewart decorating subscription, House Beautiful. Sometimes there are vestiges of stodginess, but I am frequently surprised by how comfortable the designs are.

I particularly loved a house designed by Tom Scheerer in this month's article, Cozy is a Mix.



I love how the architecture of this rug pulls the whole room together and invites conversation.



The combination of coral and blue is so inspired! I am going to add some blue elements to my guest room's bright orange antique Jenny Lind bed. Woodard Weave rug as mentioned in one of my earlier posts...


Photos by Francesco Lagnese

Obviously the home's bones are beautiful, but the designer has respectfully designed to enhance them. Love the rug, love the beds, love the mismatched pillows. It's decorated, but it looks like a family actually LIVES here. I give House Beautiful a lot of props for showing this kind of livable decor. Go go go!

3 comments:

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I enjoyed my visit to your blog, it is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Lauren said...

I couldn't agree more!!!

Hill Country House Girl said...

Just stumbled across this post. I am so glad you mentioned House Beautiful - I have loved it for a long time and think it has been overlooked by some in the past. Great blog!