Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Domino is Dead

Everyone keeps musing "is this the bottom?"

The other day my husband told me that those financial managers who are usually the most conservative, tell their clients to weather the storm, etc. etc. have told their clients to bail on the market. Supposedly THIS is the sign that we have reached our economy's bottom.

Well that may be, but I'll tell you what has proved it to me. Domino Magazine is shutting its doors. I cannot believe it. Here is the news.



The home design world is now just a snoozefest, with Elle Decor and Traditional Home leading the way (in my opinion). Thank goodness for Donna Hay and Living Etc.

3 comments:

RianRae Interiors said...

Oh my gosh! I cannot believe this! Domino and Cottage Living were two of my big fav's... I am so very very dissapointed about this... I love online blogs but there is just something about sitting down with a cup of coffee or tea and your favorite magazine. Well, I guess now my husband can stop complaining about the endless magazine subscriptions that show up in the mail every month...

milkandhoney said...

My husband does the same thing!!!! Your comment made me laugh :)

Donna said...

Domino, Cottage Living, Country Home...loved them all...they were just not quite as predictable as the others...Living etc is still my favorite of favorites...hopefully there are more ad dollars available in the UK!