Friday, December 12, 2008

Our House

Well it's been a while... we finally moved in and then were caught in a flurry of boxes and Thanksgiving turkey and hanging picture frames.



But I wanted to share some of our photos... first of the dining table, which is shockingly perfect and amazing. I know the photos won't do it justice, but the design is perfect, the finish is gorgeous and the price was very fair. I love the industrial chairs (Tolix, via the Sundance catalogue).



And I adore the hanging lamps too, although they need some adjustment to get them to hang straight. I bought some blown glass lamps from Pottery Barn and had the chains removed and replaced with vintage nylon cord in a lime green (hard to see).

Here is one shot of my gorgeous kitchen with its vintage French pendants from RT Facts and it's butter-thick (as in 2 inches +) white marble.



The view from my sink (do you like the old swim baskets???)... I need a cushion obviously.



Our foyer with its too-small table (alas everything from our house in San Francisco is too small). But I love the prints from my great grandmother's book, News from Notown.



The dog also loves the new house... do you like the vintage Thonet children's chairs?

19 comments:

Dianne said...

I love it all!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Ivy Lane said...

Beautiful! LOVE your kitchen!!

Cote de Texas said...

love the kitchen and the marble! gorgeous - and the table - to die for!!!!

Louisa said...

I am in love with your kitchen! Amazing. And love the finish on the table!

Robert Robillard said...

Great looking kitchen Who made the cabinets?

Cool blog too!

Robert Robillard said...

Great looking kitchen Who made the cabinets?

Cool blog too!

milkandhoney said...

Thanks so much for all the nice comments. The cabinetry is by Crown Point - can't recommend them more highly!

Willow Decor: said...

Wow! What a great job! just love the table!

Love to all, Rie said...

Wow, I'm so glad I found your blog...love.it. Where did you get your green kitchen stools? Please tell me somewhere I can get them too. :)

milkandhoney said...

I love those stools too. They're antique, from a vineyard. I bought them at an antique store in San Anselmo, CA called San Anselmo Country Store. Wonderful old pine furniture - these were just random pieces that I loved!

Paloma said...

Your home looks fabulous!

Tania Lovering Designs said...

Thanks for sharing your pix. Its absolutely gorgeous and eoh so inspiring! Looking forward to reading your blog this year, thanks for all your glorious posts. Tania

Robert Robillard said...

You caught the pup in mid-yawn! Great post.

mary said...

Just found your blog through Home on Tallmadge and love it! So many things make me smile - I have the connections to California, Rhode Island, Seekonk, etc etc. It will be fun following

Lauren said...

Just beautiful!

Chris said...

What a wonderful home , I am crazy for your kitchen .

for the love of a house said...

Absolutely beautiful! You've done a fabulous job! I adore Concord! So very charming! Really fond of the two little antique stores down from the kitchen store in the charming center! I've enjoyed reading through your blog!
joan

Alissa said...

Being from New Haven, I like the black railroad sign you have! Was that from an antique store?

Profile said...

It actually was from ebay. I will try and see if I can find the dealer :)