Friday, September 12, 2008

Kitchen Lighting

I had to share my gorgeous pendants with you. I just need to measure for the rods... They'll be quite long because of the new cathedral ceiling in the kitchen which should be interesting for shipping.



I chose the 3rd one in - with the lattice mesh. I thought it brought a nice detail that mirrored the front doors of the house, and was also a bit more unusual than what you usually see. These are antique French lights from a factory - ooh la la.

I agonized about whether I wanted long rods in my kitchen, but I think they'll recede with all of the space around them. And there are only two... we'll see. If I had chosen to forgo the rods I would have had to:
a) choose a fixture that was smaller (these are 14" in diameter) so that the weight of the glass could be born by a cord
OR
b) choose a fixture with an acrylic dome. Uh, no thanks.

1 comment:

Mini said...

Thanks for providing such a useful information....Kitchen Lighting adds so much to your kitchen! So glad you gave me the inspiration to finally do mine!!!