Monday, May 5, 2008

The Ultimate Inspiration



This house truly inspires me. Featured in Design New England in their November/December 2007 issue, I love the black and white color palette - paint, photography, subway destination rolls - combined with the reclaimed floors for warmth. To some it might be stark but I find it light and bright and welcoming. And extremely subtle for an 8500 sq foot house... I love the chalkboard partition wall, the farm table (made from an antique Chinese door)...



The interiors are by Christine Lane, who used Benjamin Moore's "Simply White" paint for every surface, Calcutta Gold marble and antique white oak floors. The living room and master bedroom feature photos from Roberto Dutesco's "The Wild Horses of Sable Island" series.



The bedspread? Ikea. Shocking, I tell you. Lamps, Icon Group, Boston Design Center. Console, Jonathan Adler.



Dining Room chairs, Antiques on 5, Boston Design Center. Artwork at right by Jonathan Borofsky.



This sunroom is ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is the copy from the magazine "Under the framed artwork in the sunroom stands an antique French tin woodbox piled with rocks hand-picked by interior designer Christine Lane."

I did not know you could get paid to pick rocks. I made a serious mistake in careers.

But we'll forgive all that. I love this magazine. I adore this house - just wish I could see even more of its 8500 sq feet.

2 comments:

Elements of Style said...

I blogged about this space when it came out and I agree, it is just FANTASTIC!!! I love the light.

DESIGN DIG said...

great space. I love your blog, so talented.