Sunday, May 11, 2008

This is my dining room



I saw this photo (taken by Erhard Pfeiffer) of an interior by Nicole Hollis (architect: Howard Backen) and was so inspired. This is exactly what I had envisioned for our dining room, and I am so excited to show it to Tim. I love the combination of textures - wood, metal - and the juxtaposition of weathered country items with contemporary fixtures. I would urge you to review more of Ms. Hollis' work - she's a true talent and I love her combination of old and new.

Now I just need to track down that lighting fixture, which I much prefer in the nickel to the black. I am sure it will be by Kevin Reilly and therefore priced accordingly. Birthday present?



The chairs - Marais AC - were originally designed by Xavier Pauchard in 1934, and were used extensively in French bistros and brasseries. You can find them online at DWR, the Sundance Catalog, Conran and even from our old friend Pottery Barn.

3 comments:

DESIGN DIG said...

I love that kitchen and love the chairs. I would love my kitchen to look like the first picture.

colecrew said...

I love the dining table and chairs. Do you know where the black, metal chairs are from?

milkandhoney said...

The chairs are French, made by Tolix. You can visit their website at: http://www.tolix.fr/
There aren't many American distributors of their products, though. Sundance Catalog and DWR. Sometimes Pottery Barn...