Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Darien house



This house is from Andrea's location scout files, in Darien, CT. I think the combination of traditional cabinetry, floating walls and open floor plan is interesting in parts. Interesting to think about as we consider how to return an extremely contemporary interior to its traditional roots.





Dining room



Bathroom







Love the splash of colored tiles



I wish my bathroom were such a palace that I could have a mirror this huge...



And my cathedraled bedroom ceiling...

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I think the chandelier is an intruiging part of the mix, too -- not sure how I feel about it in this setting (especially with the lights over the island -- what are those called again?), but in general I do love them in more casual settings.